Territorial Army Notification 2019 – Both Male and Female Allowed
The notification for Territorial Army Exam 2019 is finally out. Apart from male candidates, the Indian army has allowed women for the first time to apply for the exam. Candidates planning to sit for the TA Exam 2019, can find more information on the exam and notification below.
Young citizens of India (both male and female) who are gainfully employed, are invited to apply for the exam in order to serve the nation as Non Departmental Territorial Army Officers. This is done with the vision of allowing motivated Indian youngsters to serve as Territorial Army Officers without compromising with their existing primary vocations. One can serve in 2 ways – as a civilian or a soldier. There is no other option to gain such experience.
|Nationality||Citizens of India Only (Both Male & Female)|
|Age Limit||from 18 to 42 years as of the date of application|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate from any recognized university|
|Physical Standards||Need to be physically and medically fit in all respects|
|Employment||Need to be gainfully employed|
To be noted: One who is already serving as a member of Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and similar forces is not eligible for this exam.
- The candidate applying for the examination should ensure that he or she is fulfilling all eligibility criteria for the admission to the Exam.
- His/ her admission at all the stages of the examination is purely provisional subject to satisfying the mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Issuance of the Admission certificate to the candidate does not imply that his candidature has been cleared finally by the competent authority.
DATE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
28th July 2019. The date of the written examination is subject to be changed at the discretion of the competent authority.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
The starting date of Online Registration and Application Submission is 26th May 2019.
The last date of Online Registration and Application Submission is 25th June 2019 till 11:59 PM. After that, the link will be disabled.
|Paper||Subject||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Marks|
|I||Part – 1 Reasoning||2 hours||50||50|
|Part – 2 Elementary Mathematics||50||50|
|II||Part – 1 General Knowledge||2 hours||50||50|
|Part – 2 English||50||50|
- TIME: The exam is conducted in two sessions; each session is of 2 hours maximum.
- TYPE OF EXAM: The exam is of Objective type; OMR Answer Sheet will be provided.
- QUALIFYING MARKS: Separately, a candidate must obtain a minimum mark of 40% in each part of the paper with an overall average mark of 50%.
- Negative Marking:
- There is a penalty i.e. Negative Marking for each wrong answer marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers. Half of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- Marking more than one answer will be treated as a wrong answer, even though one of them is correct. The penalty will be as stated above.
- No penalty will be imposed for an unattempted question.
STANDARD OF THE EXAMINATION:
The standard of the Paper I Part – 2 i.e. Elementary Mathematics is of Matriculation level. The standard of the subjects in other papers is approximately such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
FEE DETAILS OF THE EXAMINATION:
- Candidate should make a payment for the examination fee of Rs. 200 (Rupees two hundred only).
- It is to be noted that the payment of the examination fee can be made only through the modes which are being prescribed at the website. Payment through any other mode other than those is invalid nor unacceptable. If any candidate submits his/ her application through the invalid mode shall be rejected.
- Once the candidate has paid the fee, it shall neither be refunded under any circumstances nor will be held for any other exam or selection process.
INSTRUCTION TO THE CANDIDATE FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION:
- The Online application can be filled from 26th May 2019 to 25th June 2019 till 11:59 PM.
- The applicants must provide their valid and active E-mail ids while filling their Application Forms. This is because the concerned authorities may use the electronic mode of communication to contact at the different stages of the examination process.
- Candidates are highly advised to apply online within the stipulated time instead of waiting for the last date for submission to arrive.
- The candidate should carefully and clearly decide regarding his choice for the centre for the examination while applying.
- No request for the change of the centre will be entertained.
- Candidates for their own good are highly advised to keep a copy of the print out of filled form submitted online.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates need to apply online via the official website jointerritorialarmy.nic.in.
- Candidates will get a brief instruction list to fill up the Online Application Form (IAF(TA)-9 (Revised) Part1) has been given on the website.
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING:
- One month of basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months of annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within the first two years at IMA, Dehradun.