There were clouds of doubt floating around this year’s Territorial Army exams. But with a new notification, every aspect is cleared. New announcements bring a slight change in the application process. Another important announcement is the entry of female aspirants into the competition. The Indian Army has invited applications from gainfully employed Indian men and women to serve the nation as Territorial Army Officers.
The Territorial Army is a branch of the Indian Army. It operates as a second line of defense after the first line of the Indian Army. The Territorial Army is the first to spot when a natural calamity or internal dispute occurs in the country. It also provides troops to the Indian Army when needed. The Territorial Army has the same rank structure as the Regular Indian Army. The Territorial Army attracts applicants from all over the country because of the perks and remunerations of the job. Along with a chance to serve the nation, the Territorial Army provides a respectful life, a handsome salary similar to the regular Indian Army, lots of allowances and rapid career growth. The recruitments for the Territorial Army is carried on by the Indian Army. Thousands of candidates apply every year in the Territorial Army for limited vacancies.
Before moving on to the steps of application, you should first check the eligibility criteria. The criteria are the same as last year:
- Indian Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India. Both Male and Female Indians are allowed.
- Age: Applicants must be aged between 18-42 years on the date of application.
- Educational requirement: Applicant should be a graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment Status: An applicant must be gainfully employed. This includes owning a sustained and revenue-generating business.
- Physical Status: Applicants should be mentally and physically fit. Applicants are put through rigorous health checkups if they pass the written exams and interviews.
Steps to apply for the Territorial Army Exam 2019
The application filling process for the Territorial Army Exam is open from 26 May 2019. The last date to apply is 25 June 2019, the end of the day. You can apply through the following steps:
- The new notification has given two new websites for Territorial Exam applications:
For applying & information- www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in
- Head to the application website of the Territorial Army, i.e. jointerritorialarmy.gov.in
- Find the listed vacancy advertisement. Click “Apply today”.
- Recheck and make sure you are eligible from the eligibility page that appears.
- Proceed and fill the form with personal details.
- After filing the entire form, submit it. This will create an application request and take you to the payments page.
- You need to submit Rs 200/- in this step through net banking or debit cards. This sum is application charges and has to be paid by everyone.
After a complete submission, you will receive a confirmation for the application. After applying, the next part of the process is receiving an admit card for the written exam. They will be distributed after 25 June 2019.
Tips for submitting your TA Exam 2019 application
- The application interval is one month. But applicants should do the application work as soon as possible. Waiting for the last date can cause a risk of missing applications because of server crashes.
- Applicants need to provide valid and accessible e-mail IDs as officials use digital modes of communication during the upcoming stages of selection.
- You will be given a choice for the exam centre. Use this option smartly to be convenient on the exam day. Any requests for changing centre will not be entertained later by authorities.
- Read further instructions from jointerritorialarmy.gov.in and have full clarity before starting the application task.
- Candidates should keep a printed copy of the submitted application for future references.
Selection steps after the application
The selection process after the end of the application period goes like this:
- Written exam
The written exam for the Territorial Exam is scheduled on 28 July 2019. Applicants have to write two tests each. One for Reasoning and the other for General Knowledge.
- PIB Interview
After passing the exam, candidates are put through rigorous screening of interviews and communication tasks. First is the Preliminary Interview Board. The candidate is checked for communication skills, knowledge and eligibility claims.
- SSB Interview
On being cleared by PIB, the candidate is passed over to the well known Service Selection Board. The board conducts a five-day interview process with an aim to test every aspect of a candidate’s personality and soft skills.
- Medical Test
If the candidate is approved by SSB, he or she is put through 4 to 5 days of health checkups and inquiries. This filters out unfit applicants.The whole procedure is designed to allow only the best candidates into the Army, and this process starts with Exam Applications.