The Indian Army will release the JAG 24 notification on 16th July 2019 via a particular entry scheme to recruit for Judge Advocate General (JAG 24) 2019-20. This post holds for both women and men who have a degree in law (LLB-Graduation level). A wide range of opportunities is given by the Indian Army to all fields and departments whether be it administration, engineering, accounts, teaching along with law graduates.
Recently in this particular section of JAG entry examination, there won’t be any written examination. Applicants will be summoned up for the SSB interview. Only listed candidates will get the joining directions based on merit list prepared. Then, candidates will be regulated to (OTA) Officers Training Academy located in Chennai as per the training schedule.
Important Dates for JAG judge Advocate General (JAG 24)
JAG 24 Notification Date -16 Jul 2019
JAG 24 Last Date -14 Aug 2019
JAG 24 Cut Off:
55% marks in LLB graduation degree
JAG 24 SSB Interview Date – From Nov 2019
JAG 24 Merit List – March 2020 (Expected)
Eligibility Details for JAG 24
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit – The applicant must have the age gap between 21-27 years as on 01 Jan 2020. (02 Jan 1993 to 01 Jan 1999 both dates inclusive as a candidate’s birth date). Candidates date declared in his/her Class X certificate would be considered as final. No other article or piece of document paper will be acknowledged for age approval. No further appeal or changes will be entertained.
- Educational Requirements for Judge Advocate General (JAG 24) 2019-20
The applicants should have at least 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10+2), and the candidate must be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/ State. Candidates who have studied in the college/ university which is not recognized by the Bar Council of India will not be accepted.
- Nationality – The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Number of JAG 24 Vacancies for men and women:
Application procedure for JAG 24:
- First of all, candidates need to visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Next, applicants need to press on Apply/Login.
- Candidates will be directed on the registration link. Go the link and click.
- Follow all the directions and fill all your necessary details.
- Once done with all the details, switch to the website, which will show you all records and list of entries available.
Finally, submit your application form after checking the proper detailing of the complete way yet again. Save the form or take a printout and of the application form for future reference.
Verification of medical standards:
- The applicant must be eligible by means of all the physical rules that come under the guidelines existing at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The applicants who will be suggested by the SSB can be further sent for medical examination. People who qualify this level of exam will be directed towards final list selection.
Selection Procedure for (JAG 24) 2019-20
- Recruiting Directorate (Integrated Headquarter of MoD (Army)) will be short listing candidates on the criteria of academic performance.
- Selected candidates will be given SSB centres as their venue along with the date of reporting either via by e-mail or SMS.
- The applicant will then report at the mentioned SSB centres on the prescribed time.
- Stage 1 (Screening of candidates) and Stage 2 (personal interview based on psychology and GTO).
- Passing stage 1 will lead candidates to face stage 2. If a candidate fails to qualify stage 1, he is immediately out of the whole selection procedure.
- Those that will get the approval after stage 2 will undertake documentation and will be further sent for medical examination.
Training for (JAG 24) 2019-20:
- Training of qualified candidates will take place in Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- The training period will end around 49 weeks, and the now serving cadets will be approved by the commission.
- Cadets will have the rank of lieutenant after the completion of the training.
- As per the rules, candidates cannot marry during training, nor can they be authorized to stay with parents.
- The administration of India will look after all expenses of the training of the cadets.
- After completion, cadets will be presented with Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies (University of Madras).