NDA Exam Rules for COVID-19
NDA exam is scheduled to be conducted on September 6. Noticing COVID-19 crisis, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has directed some official guidelines to be followed related to safekeeping, essential documents, and some rules and regulations to be familiar with before going to sit in NDA exam.
Rules and regulations for safety alert amidst COVID-19
1) Each candidate must wear masks or face cover; otherwise, the entry will not be allowed in the venue. Keep in mind, the cover or mask needs to be removed at the time of verification(only when asked by examination functionaries).
2) Having personal small transparent sanitiser bottle is necessary to carry in the premises of the venue.
3) The norms of social distancing (to avoid crowding) and personal hygiene need to be followed.
Admin Card Rules
4) You ought to check the details of your e-Admit Card carefully and bring the printout of it along with the original Photo Identity Card whose number is on the e-Admit Card. It is mandatory to keep Admin card under safety not only to get admission in examination hall but also you have to preserve it till the declaration of the final result because before Service selection board its production is essential. Therefore, you must be responsible for its safe custody.
5) For each session, bring two passport size photographs and a photo identity proof in case of not having clear photographs on the e-Admit Card.
6) Mention your Name, Registration ID, Roll Number, Name of the Examination, and Year of the Examination, all of which correspond with UPSC.
7) Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
Guidelines to follow in the examination premises
8) No impersonator should be in the hall using your e-admit card; otherwise, you will be responsible for proving your innocence.
9) Adhere to the time rules as entry only before 10 minutes of the commencement of examination is allowed after which there will be the closure of the examination venue. And reaching on time on the day of examination is necessary for frisking.
10) Also, visiting examination venue prior one day of the exam is helpful to ward off the last minute hassle. In this way, you can familiarise yourself with the itineraries.
11) The candidate found in another venue except the one mentioned in the e-admit card in the examination premises due to any reason would be liable to have the cancelled candidature.
12) Read and follow all the rules/instructions available on the examination notice and poster displayed outside the hall.
13) Possession of technological devices such as a pager, mobile phone, programmable device, storage media like smartwatches, pen drive, camera, Bluetooth devices, or any other accessory fitted with communication devices such as smartwatches is under strict prohibition. Only the use of simple wrist watches is allowed in the examination hall or room. Even electronic devices with the switched-off mode are not allowed.
14) Use of mathematical or logarithmic table or calculator for answering questions is not permitted.
15) Loss of valuable or costly items will not be under the responsibility of the commission, so the advice is not to bring the same.
Rules for examination sheet
16) All questions will be objective type in all the subjects.
17) Remember, in objective type question papers, negative marking of one-third marks for wrong answers is the rule.
18) Be careful about filling details in the OMR answer sheet, especially regarding Test Booklet Series Code and Roll Number because any discrepancy or mistake or omission in encoding details can lead to the liability for sheet rejection.
19) No evaluation will be of the answers made by other than Black Ball Point Pen.
20) The help of a scribe to write the papers will not be allowed, and the candidates need to do by themselves.
21) Only the questions involving metric systems like weights and measures will be set in the question paper.
22) Fixing qualifying marks for the subjects is the responsibility of the commission.
Special Note: Infringement to the guidelines can lead to the cancellation of current exams as well the future exam.