Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Swasthya Sathi scheme is a well-being cover scheme of the West Bengal government. It was propelled in 2016 and it has now been extended to cover the state’s complete population. It offers elementary health cover for subordinate and tertiary care up to 5 lakh INR per annum per household. Both state-run and reserved clinics are part of the scheme. The card under the scheme is allotted to the female caretakers of the families.
New features of Swasthya Sathi Scheme:
- Every resident and every household in the state are to be involved in the scheme irrespective of their age.
- The plan is to be wholly funded by the state administration of West Bengal.
- The scheme will provide a smart card discretely and every household of the state to gain the welfares under the scheme. The Smart Cards are to be chosen in the names of the female associates of the family.
- All the reserved and state-run hospitals are to be brought under the scheme
- Under the scheme, the State Government legislatures will visit every home to complete the enrolment process. This is to be completed under the Duarey Paschim bongo Sarkar initiative.
- The state government of West Bengal is to allot 2,000 crores of rupees for appliance of the scheme
- Until now, around 1,590 infirmaries have been empaneled in the order. The scheme will cover 1.5 crore households, that is, 7.5 crore persons.
- The West Bengal Government has not executed the Ayushman Bharat Health Scheme hurled by the central government. The state of West Bengal is to aim for elections in 2021. The State Government has been recently launching numerous schemes and increasing the current schemes in the lime light of assembly elections.
- The West Bengal Government lately launched the Duare Sarkar Drive under which the Government facilities are to be provided at the door steps.
India & Suriname held 7th Joint Commission Meeting virtually
- India & Suriname held 7th Joint Commission Meeting virtually.
- The 7th India-Suriname Joint Commission Conference (JCM) was held virtually. The conference was Co-Chaired by the Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muralitharan & Albert R. Ramdin, Commission Meeting (JCM) was held virtually. The conference was Co-Chaired by the Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muralitharan & Albert R. Ramdin Minister of Foreign Affairs, Global Business and International Cooperation of the Republic of Suriname.
- Suriname is a small country on the northeastern coast of South America
- Capital – Paramaribo
- Currency -Surinamese dollar
Crucial Points of the meeting:
- Both Countries settled to give prominence to the Commercial & Investment segment to improve the Joint Relations and also to strengthen people to people ties.
- They also decided to enhance collaboration for the establishment of creative firms, Healthiness, Traditional System of Medication, Cultivation, and Excavating. Energy, Security, Culture & Education, Consular Cooperation and Development Partnership.
- The Dual Ministers accentuated the importance of responsibility developmental projects under concessional situations (including Lines of Credits) to recover the essence of South-South Teamwork.
- The subsequent JCM Discussion is set to be held at Paramaribo, Capital of Suriname in 2022 on a date to be agreed by both nations.
- Together Nations settled to support each other in Worldwide Forums such as United Nations Security Council Reforms.
- The Ministers settled to work organized through the machinery of JCM to reinforce and expand the Mutual Relations.
- They also underlined the Prominence of JCM for extending and revising the ties midst the two countries, and also to interchange views on national and multilateral support.
Odisha hosts 9th International Sand Art Festival and 31st Konark Dance festival
- Together organized by the Odisha Travel sector and Odissi Examine Center.
About Konark Sun Temple:
- The 13th century Sun Temple at Konark is devoted to Hindu sun god “Surya”. The temple is credited to King Narasimha Deva I of the Eastern Ganga Reign.
- Recently, Odisha introduced 1st of its type scheme, Balaram to offer Rs 1,040 crore credit to 7 lakh Landless agriculturalists.
- Also, Padma Shri Awardee, Sudarshan Patnaik has gained the People’s Choice Award at a significant sand sculpting commemoration in the U.S.
Highpoints of 2020 Festival:
- Theme of 2020 event- “Environment” and “COVID-19”
- India’s famous sand artist and Padma Shri Awardee, Sudarshan Patnaik, is the leading keeper of the occasion.
- 70 performers from India joined to showcase their talent.
- Considering COVID-19, this year saw no contribution from the universal artists.
About Konark Dance Festival:
- The five-day stretched festival is led every year from December 1-5.
- To encourage the various Indian Dance tradition of the nation in addition to propagating the Konark Sun Temple.
- Dances of the region : Odissi, Bharatanatyam, Manipuri, Kathakali, Kuchipudi, Sattriya organised at the Konark Natya Mandap, Sun Temple.
- The event was jointly organised by the Odisha Tourism division and Odissi Explore Center.
Indian Navy Day celebrated on December 4
Every year the Indian Navy Day is celebrated on December 4. This year the Indian Navy Day is celebrated on the following theme:
- Theme: Indian Navy Combat Ready, Credible and Cohesive.
- The theme guides message that India is acutely watching the changes of the Chinese in the Indian Ocean Region and the Indian Navy is battle ready to meet the Chinese forces anytime.
- Each year the Indian Navy Day is renowned to observe Operation Trident. The operation was hurled by the Indian Navy throughout the India-Pakistan war of 1971 to bout Karachi Harbour.
- The Operation Trident was launched in the night of December 4. Throughout the attack Indian Navy devastated the fuel storage freighters at Pakistan Naval HQ located in Karachi. The Indian Navy also sank four of the Pakistani ships and slayed 500 Pakistani Naval individuals. This encompassed minesweepers and terminate us as well.
- For the primary time India positioned in addition anti-ship missile throughout the India Pakistan war of 1971. The operation Trident was shadowed by operation Python.
- Subsequently the first attack throughout operation Trident, the Pakistan Navy tried to overcome the Indian Navy by circulating with merchant ships. The operation Python was launched to hostage this passage of the Pakistan Navy.
History of Indian Navy day:
- Prior during the British rule, Indian Navy Day was distinguished in the month of October overlapping with the Royal Navy’s Trafalgar Day. The Trafalgar Day falls on October 21.
- The President of India is the utmost commander-in-chief of Indian Navy. A four-star admiral is selected as the Chief of Indian Navy and he commands the navy. The Indian Navy was created in 1612 in order to guard the British merchant boats.
Why was Operation Trident launched?
- On December 3, 1971, Pakistan confronted Indian Air stations. In reply to the attack the Indian Defense Might flung Operation Trident. Three high speed missile vessels viz. Nirghat, Nipat, Veer were shipped towards the Karachi harbor.
The 1960 Olympics, decathlon victor Johnson passed away recently
- Rafer Johnson, who won the decathlon at the 1960 Rome Olympics passed away on 2 December, 2020 at the age of 86.
- Johnson was amongst the world’s extreme sportspersons from 1955 and his achievements can be counted through his Olympic triumph in 1960, winning a National decathlon competition in 1956 and a silver honor at the Melbourne Olympics that time. He also carried the American pennant at the 1960 games and ignited the torch at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to open the 1984 Competitions.
What is decathlon?
- An athletic event happening over two days, in which each participant takes part in the similar arranged ten events (100 metres sprint, discus, long jump, high jump, 400 metres, 110 metres hurdles, 1,500 metres, pole vault, shot-put and javelin). The decathlon is contested mostly by male players, while female players classically participate in the heptathlon.
Stephanie Frappart has become the first woman to referee a men’s Champions League game
Who is Stephanie Frappart?
- Stephanie Frappart (born on 14 December 1983) is a French football game referee. She has been on the FIFA Universal Referees List from 2009, and has refereed numerous high-profile games. She turns out to be the first female to referee a major males’ European match when she took over the responsibility of the 2019 UEFA Super Cup amid Liverpool and Chelsea on 14 August 2019 in Vodafone Park of Beşiktaş J.K.
- From 2011, Frappart has refereed games at Countrywide, the third division of men’s football in France.
- In 2014, Frappart became the first woman to referee in Ligue II, the second tier of skilled men’s football in France. She assisted as a referee at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.
- On 3 December 2018 Frappart was chosen to officiate in the 2019 FIFA Females’ World Cup in France. After the decision of the round of 16, it was declared that Frappart had been nominated as one of 11 officials that would be reserved for the remainder of the event. Frappart would continue to be chosen to referee the ending of the tournament which was challenged on 7 July 2019 amid the United States and the Netherlands.
Facebook-backed cryptocurrency Libra has been rebranded
The autonomous organisation, Libra Association, which operates the Libra project will also be give new name as the Diem Association. Diem is a Latin term meaning “day”. Libra received disapproval because of the prospect of it bullying the traditional government-run monetary systems, which may consequence in toppling of fiscal stability and intimidating of privacy.
Stable coin VS Cryptocurrencies?
- Stable coins are cryptocurrencies, the only difference in stable coins is that these cryptocurrencies are supported by a standby asset. Their marketplace value is reliant on some outside orientation. For example, it may be attached to the price of gold or to that of US dollars or to the benefit held by the launcher. The stable coins obtain their prize steadiness through algorithm mechanism of purchasing and selling of the orientation asset.
Maharashtra zilla parishad educator has become the first in India to win $1-million global teacher prize
- It is a honoured moment for the institutes in Maharashtra, as one of their teachers, 31-year-old Ranjitsinh Disale, has become the first educator from India to conquest the significant $1-million Global Teacher Prize for revolution in teaching. The award is conferred by London-based Varkey Foundation and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The victors were publicized by actor-writer Stephen Fry in a computer based ceremonial gesture from the Natural History Museum, London, on 3-12-2020
- The prize was made to recognise one exceptional teacher making an outstanding contribution to the profession as well as to shine a spotlight on the important role teachers play in society.
- Disale will donate 50% of his prize money to the other finalists who were nominated for the award, so that children across the globe get quality education.
Journey for award:
- Disale’s journey of accepting technology in teaching happened in 2009, when he come in the zilla parishad school which had very limited students registered. Failures owing to child weddings, poor knowledge results and youngster labour remained communal. However, he did not give away and thought to bring about an alteration. Steadily, he realised that students had to be fetched to institute by making education more motivating and schooling beyond schoolbooks.
- He then decided to use expertise to improve the learning practice for his scholars, but the institute had only one laptop. While trying to look for answers online, he found a very easy choice – (quick response) QR encryptions. In the ages to come, he formed QR codes and stuck them on the prevailing textbooks. These encryptions could be scanned with the assistance of mobile phones and added resources on the subjects would pop up. All this revolutionised the system.
What is TIME teachers award?
- The Global Teacher Prize is a US $1million dollar award, offered yearly to an excellent teacher who has made an unpaid contribution to the career. The Varkey Foundation recognized the prize in 2014, to recognise and rejoice the influence that teachers have round the world.
Nirmala Sitharaman to attend Founding Day of DRI
- The discussions took place on the Founding Day on 04-11-2020 through video conferencing. Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended the celebrations along with minister of state for finance Anurag Singh Thakur.
- It was the 63rd Founding Day of DRI.
- The Directorate of Revenue and Intelligence (DRI) is an important implementation agency under the ministry of finance that contracts with disputing organised corruption groups engaged in smuggling of illegal imports goods such as arms, ammunitions and explosives, narcotic medications and psychotropic materials, gold and diamonds, fake money notes, biota items, perilous and ecologically sensitive things and antiques. The directorate also has proficiency in finding marketable frauds, persevering drip of management’s tax profits and contrasting trade-based money laundering and black money
- In Fiscal Year 2019-20, the DRI sensed 412 cases of trafficking resulting in confiscation of smuggled goods worth Rs1,949 crore.
DRI comes under which ministry?
- The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence is the top anti-smuggling body of India, waged under the central board of indirect taxes and customs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
15-year-old Indian-American Gitanjali Rao named first-ever TIME ‘Kid of the Year’
- 15-year-old Indian-American Gitanjali Rao, a bright young scientist and discoverer, has been termed by TIME publication as the first-ever ‘Kid of the Year’ for her amazing work using technology to attack problems raging from dirty drinking water to dependence and cyberbully problems.
- Gitanjali Rao was selected from a field of more than 5,000 nominees as TIME’s first-ever Kid of the Year. She was questioned by performer and activist Angelina Jolie for the TIME distinct.
- The title is given by United States’ TIME magazine publications. Person of the year that was called Man or Woman of the year until the year 1999 is a yearly event that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or a kid that has done something really influential and inspiring.