Nepal has awarded the contract of Lower Arun Hydropower Project to Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam
The Prime Minister of Nepal has recently chaired the 46th meeting of the Investment Board of Nepal (IBN). He awarded the 679 Megawatt (MW) Lower Arun Hydropower Project to Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (An Indian Entity) during the meeting. The project will be completed under a private-public partnership. The Indian entity has won the International Competitive Bidding.
Location of the Project:
- The project has been constructed on the river Arun (Sankhuwasabha and Bhojpur District).
- It will cost $ 860 million, i.e., 100 billion Nepali rupees.
- The project is expected to generate 3561 million units of electricity per annum.
Prime Minister – K. P. Sharma Oli
Capital – Kathmandu
Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN)
Chairman – N. L. Sharma
HQ – Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Transition to Electric Vehicles will cost more than 19 lakh crore rupees: NITI Aayog Report
NITI Aayog and Rocky Mountains Institute (RMI) have released ‘Mobilising Finance for EVs in India – A toolkit Solutions to Mitigate Risks and Address Market Barriers.’ The report suggests that India’s transition to EV during 2020-30 will cost 19.7 lakh crore rupees, i.e., $ 266 billion. The funds are expected to be utilized to produce electric vehicles, construction of charging stations, research in lithium production, manufacturing of batteries, and other related infrastructures.
The report suggests that Mobilisation of Capital and Finance towards Electric Vehicles Assets and Infrastructure will be the immediate steps.
Sri Lanka ranked the best among South Asian countries in the COVID-19 Performance Index
An Australian Thinktank, Lowy Institute, has published a Covid-19 Performance Index. The index ranks countries according to the initiatives taken during the pandemic. A total of 98 countries were assessed.
- The index analyses the impact of geography, political systems, economic development, etc., in assessing the outcomes.
- Indicators: There are six indicators – Confirmed Cases, Confirmed Deaths, Cases per million, Deaths per million, Cases as per the proportion of tests, and tests per thousand cases.
- Countries that have published its Covid-19 related facts and information in public have been analyzed.
Monthly awards for International Male and Female Cricketers – ICC
- Dubai Headquartered, the International Cricket Council (ICC) introduced a new monthly award for International Male and Female Cricketers. The awards will recognize and celebrate the best performers of the month from both male and female categories. The analysis will consider all forms of cricket to chose winners.
- ICC General Manager: Geoff Allardice.
- Based on on-field performances of the month, the ICC Awards Nominations Committee will nominate three players from both the gender-based categories. Voting on the name of the selected few will be organized. The ICC Voting Academy and the fans of the game will vote to find the winners. ICC Voting Academy will comprise veteran cricketers, senior journalists, broadcaster, etc.
Mr. R. S. Sharma has been selected as the NHA CEO
- Former TRAI Chairman R. S. Sharma took over the charge of NHA CEO.
- NHA: National Health Authority is an Autonomous Body.
- It was established on 23rd May 2018. Later, in Jan 2019, it was reorganized in order to make it more flexible and new schemes oriented so that it can be exploited to get maximum benefit.
- It is responsible for implementing Ayushman Bharat Scheme (Pradhan Mantri – Jan Aarogya Yojana).
Why R. S. Sharma?
- Co-WIN (COVID-19 Vaccine delivery technology platform) committee.
- Head of NITI Aayog’s Health and Nutrition Verticals.
ASEAN – India Hackathon 2021 was launched by the ASEAN & Ministry of Education
Economic Development through collaboration in education & science and Technology
Area of Interest
Blue Economy, Agriculture, Tourism Health Care, and Medical Devices, Environment, etc.
ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
– Members: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
– Theme – ‘We Care, We Prepare’.
– Chairman of 2021 – Brunei Darussalam.
– Headquarter – Jakarta, Indonesia.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs recently was in the news because 14 additional Minor Forest Produce were included in the Means Support Price Scheme
Mean Support Price Scheme
– It was established in the year 2011.
– It facilitates a safety net to forest dwellers and tribal.
– Conceptualized by TRIFED along with states.
Van Dhan Tribal Scheme
It is a welfare scheme inaugurated to benefit forest dwellers, Indigenous Artisans, and tribals so that they can become self-reliant, educated, employed, and their dependency on forest produce can be reduced.