Prime Minister inaugurated key projects in Tamil Nadu
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid down the foundation stone of following key tasks in Tamil Nadu.
– Ramanathapuram – Thoothukodi Section (143 long Gas Pipeline)
– Gasoline Desulphurization Unit (Chennai)
– Cauvery Basin Refinery (Navaratnam)
8 Toy Manufacturing industries approved by the Union Govt
Eight toy industries have been approved by the Union Govt, working in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka.
According to the National Action Plan for Indian Toy Industry, India imports approximately 90% of China and Taiwan imports, which costs approximately 90%. For this, the Department of Promotion and Industry and Internal Trade and the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises will develop toy clusters.
First Digital University to be set up in India in Kerala
Kerala Govt has launched India’s First Digital University named Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology in Thiruvananthapuram’s Mangalapuram. The University is inaugurated by the governor of Kerala, Mr. Arif Mohammad Khan. He is also the chancellor of the University. The University is made to utilize the development in digital technology for social progress and for all individuals.
Mission Indradhanush 3.0 lanched by the Union Health Minister
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare has virtually launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0. He also put forth the guidelines and awareness packages developed as part of the campaign.
The central bank has brought the State Bank of Sikkim under its regulatory review
The RBI has released a notification to bring the State Bank of Sikkim under its regulatory purview. The state government of Sikkim solely owns the bank. Like the other banks, the bank will be regulated by India’s Reserve Bank without any changes in its structures.
The Central Govt restructures the NITI Aayog governing council
The Union govt has restructured the National Institution’s governing council for Transforming India (NITI Aayog). Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the chairperson. Recently the 6th meeting of the NITI Aayog also concluded. The meeting saw Ladakh Union Territory’s first-time participation and Participation of Jammu and Kashmir as Union Territory.
NASA launched Space Station Supply Ship to International Space Station
The United States Space Agency, National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) launched the Space Supply Ship to International Space Station (ISS). The ship was named after S. S. Katherine Johnson.
The Minister of Road, Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, has launched the ‘Go Electric Campaign’ to spearhead the electric mobility and use of electrical appliances across the nation. The Minister of State Raj Kumar Singh was also present at the time of the event.
Aim of the campaign to spread awareness regarding
– The environment-friendly features of the E-Vehicles.
– Benefits of e-mobility.
– Charging Infrastructure.
Amazon India signed MoU to hire ex-servicemen
Amazon India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Directorate General Resettlement to allow work opportunities to ex-service personnel of the armed forces who have served in the Indian Army, Indian Airforce, and Indian Navy. The MoU will also help families of ex-servicemen across its network in India.
CEO – Jeff Bezos
HQ – Seattle, Washington, US
About Amazon India
Manager – Amit Aggarwal
HQ – Hyderabad, Telangana
What is Directorate General Resettlement?
– It is a department that works under the Minister of Defence, which aims at the welfare of ex-servicemen who have given precious time and service to the nation during peace and wartime.
– Its headquarter is located in New Delhi.
– The Director-General of the Department is Maj Gen M. K. Sagoch.
11th Macroeconomics dialogue between India and European Union concluded
The 11th edition of the India-European Union Macroeconomics dialogue was conducted virtually. The Indian side was represented by Tarun Bajaj, Secretary of Economic Affairs, Department of Economic Affairs.
– The two sides discussed their mutual interest and ways to increase bilateral trade.
– Both countries have been negotiating on Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement.
Trade between both the countries:
– In 2019, the exchange between the countries crossed the $ 75 billion mark.
– After the USA, the EU is the second-largest Indian Goods importing country.
About European Union (EU)
– The EU possesses a total of 27 countries.
– The HQ is located in Brussels, Belgium.
Khajuraho Dance Festival
The 47th edition of the Khajuraho Dance Festival is organized from 20th Feb to 26th Feb in Khajuraho, a UNESCO Heritage Site situated in Madhya Pradesh.
About the festival
- The festival was first organized in the year 1975.
- The celebration aims to promote heritage and tourism in the region.
– The place Khajuraho is famous for temples. The temples were built during the reign of the Chandela Dynasty. At present, the remains of a total of 20 temples can be traced. The dynasty ruled between 950 to 1050 AD.