India requires $ 500 Bn to achieve Renewable Energy Target by 2030
As per the report’s findings named ‘Capital Flows Underpinning India’s Energy Transformation,’ India requires $ 500 Bn to achieve Renewable Energy Target by 2030.
The report was published by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis and represented the following suggestions:
Distribution of $ 500 Bn
– $ 300 Bn for Wind and Solar Energy Infrastructure.
– $ 50 Bn for Grid Forming structures like gas-peakers, hydropower, and batteries.
– $150 Bn for expanding and modernizing transmission and distribution.
Since 2014, India has received $ 42 billion in investment.
$ 42 Bn is such a vast amount. What are the reasons behind the large investment?
– Low Solar Tariffs
– Low Solar Module costs
– Low Interests rates
– Long Power Purchase Agreement (25 years PPA)
Potential Sectors for Renewable Energy in India
India possesses the largest new non-fossil or renewable source of energy.
– At present, India is exploiting approx. 90 GW renewable energy and also taking initiatives to double the use of explored Renewable Energy resources.
– India aims to achieve 175 GW Renewable Energy Targets by 2022 (100 GW Solar Energy, 60 GW Wind, 10 GW Bio-energy, 5 GW Small Hydro).
About Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change
Union Minister- Prakash Javadekar
About Institute of Energy Economics and Financial Analysis
Executive Director- Sandy Buchanan
HQ – Cleveland, USA
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur signed MoU with HCL technologies
To work in Cybersecurity, C3iHub, a specialized cybersecurity research center of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K), has signed an agreement with HCL technologies.
The partnership aims to conduct advanced research using global resources to develop cutting-edge cybersecurity solutions by bringing the brightest minds together.
About the MoU
– The MoU allows teams from both the side to develop security framework and solutions for cybersecurity problems in the present and future technologies
– The teams will work towards discovering and managing the cyber threats to critical infrastructure that has a national interest
Founder – Shiv Nadar
CEO – Roshni Nadar Malhotra
HQ – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
AYUSH ministry signed LoE with World Health Organization
The Letter of Exchange has been signed between World Health Organization’s South East Regional Office (SEARO) to deploy an AYUSH expert to WHO’s regional traditional medicine program in New Delhi.
– It allows the AYUSH ministry to support WHO SEARO to implement the regional traditional medicine action plan
– To initiate a public health research project on COVID-19
– To identify various challenges faced by Southeast Asian countries
– To develop policies and to regulate a framework to strengthen the role of traditional medicine
– To spread more awareness in countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, UAE, Malaysia, etc., who have already recognized Ayurveda. Bangladesh even recognized the Unani system & Sri Lanka acknowledges the Siddha system.
About World Health Organization
Established – 1948
HQ – Geneva, Switzerland
Head – Tedros Adhanom
About WHO SEARO
Regional Director – Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh
Headquarter – New Delhi
Member States – 11
About AYUSH Ministry (The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy)
Minister – Shripad Yesso Naik
Estd. – 2014
Secretory – Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha
New Lt Gov to Puducherry, Dr. Kiran Bedi, removed
The Union Territory of Puducherry will now be governed by new Lt. Gov., Tamilisai Soundararajan 92nd Governor of Telangana). She has been given additional charge of Puducherry along with the post of Governor of Telangana. She has succeeded Dr. Kiran Bedi.
About Kiran Bedi
– She is the first female Indian Police Service Officer of the nation.
– While serving the country, she has received President’s Police Medal for Gallantry in 1979 for her bravery showcased during Akali-Nirankari clashes.
– She was the 1st woman officer to be appointed as the chief of United Nations Police and Police Advisor under the UN Department of Peace Operations, also received United Nation’s UN Medal in 2004 for her outstanding contribution/
– She was also a tennis player.
Some of her books includes
- One woman’s transformation of Tihar Prison
- Be the Change – Fighting Corruption among others
Sanctuary Lifetime Award 2020 to S Theodore Baskaran
The Sanctuary Nature Foundation has awarded Mr. S. Theodore Baskaran the Sanctuary Lifetime Award 2020 to contribute to wildlife conservation. By profession, Baskaran is a conservation writer, historian, veteran activist, and naturalist.
An amended memorandum of Understanding has been signed between India and Australia in the space sector
In 2012, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) had been signed between India and Australia in Civil Space Science cooperation. Now, an amendment has been notified in the MoU to enhance the collaboration in both countries.
About the MoU
– It develops a comprehensive strategic partnership between India and Australia.
– It boosts collaboration between the countries in Civil Space Research, Technology, and Education to establish capabilities, educational activities, and space utilization for peaceful operations.
About the amendment in the agreement
– The amendment authorizes the Department of Space, Government of India, and Australian Space Agency as the nodal agencies or executive organizations for the MoU.
– It was signed by the ISRO Chief and Secretary of Department of Space Agency K. Sivan from the India side.
Other partnership between India and Australia in the Space field
– Space Agency of Australia and India’s ISRO is co-developing ground station tracking facilities in Australia for India’s flagship space mission, ‘Gaganyaan Mission.’
Prime Minister – Scott Morrison
Capital – Canberra
HQ – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Chairman – K. Sivan