NITI Aayog started India-Australia Circular Economy Hackathon, 2021
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) & Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation has started the Ind-Aus Circular Economic (I-ACR) Hackathon 2021.
Aim – To enable talented, innovative students and entrepreneurs of both countries to address common national interest issues of India and Australia through emerging and innovative technology solutions.
What exactly is it?
- Over 1000 applications received from both countries, of which the top 80 applications are shortlisted for a unique bi-lateral hackathon.
- Selected teams are now scheduled to create ingenious solutions to make relevant, innovative, deployable, impactful technologies that can be commercialized worldwide.
About Atal Innovation Mission
It is a flagship initiative to promote innovation culture and entrepreneurship across the nation. For which, AIM has rolled of a holistic set of programs that support innovation at various stages.
Mission Director – R Ramanan
About Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO)
It is a National Science Agency and Innovation Catalyst that solves the most significant challenges through innovative science and technology.
2nd Maritime India Summit 2021
The second edition of Maritime India Summit 2021 is set to start from 2nd March 2021 virtually. About 20,000 delegates from 24 countries will join, and more than 400 projects are set to be represented. The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, will inaugurate the Summit, which the Ministry of Ports is organizing, Shipping, and Waterways (MoPSW) along with FICCI.
Purpose of the Summit:
The Maritime India Summit will provide a powerful platform for international businesses and collaboration and bring in friendly countries to exchange knowledge and opportunities.
It will provide a unique physical and virtual presence of important authorities from across the world.
Union Minister – Mansukh Mandaviya
Secretary – Dr. Sanjiv Ranjan
The Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine has organized a hybrid virtual National Conference on Unani Medicine
Theme of the conference – ‘Unani Medicine: Opportunities and Challenges in times of COVID-19.’
The conference was inaugurated by Kiren Rijeju, Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs and Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Sidha, Sowa-Riga Homeopathy (AYUSH), and Minister of Minority Affairs.
Impact of School closure during the pandemic on Student’s studies
Azim Premji University conducted a survey to find out the impact of COVID-19 induced lockdown on students. The survey was conducted under the title ‘Loss of Learning during the Pandemic.’
- The Student missed the curricular learning of the session.
- They forget the previous year’s learning.
The syllabus can be completed by reducing the number of vacations and holidays and expanding the session by considering the quality of education and teaching.
India is a key Indo-Pacific Partner, and the US termed it first time under Biden’s Presidentship
The USA has welcomed the presence of India as a leading global security provider in the Indo-Pacific Region.
What is Indo-Pacific Region?
– It is a single strategic space that implies the significance and the interconnectedness of the Indian Ocean Region for security and commerce against China.
– It is a forum that exists by keeping in mind the regional stability.
– Globally, the term showcases the united powers like France, Australia, UK, the US, Japan, South Korea, etc. Together to keep the sea and air lanes for communication and connectivity and uphold international rules and norms enacted and respected.
- It is a long-term vision of national interest for India.
- Strong ties with Western countries and developed economies are vital for enhancing India’s strategic posture.
- It will also safeguard India from China’s increasingly active presence in the region and its geopolitical reach in Asia and beyond by using debt policy and military.
- It will also expand India’s connectivity with its Indian Ocean Neighbors and Major MARITIME Powers in the region.