Umbrella schemes of Women and Children
Ministry of Women and Child Development has proclaimed it’s all programs under following three umbrella schemes:
– Mission Shakti
– Poshan 2.0
About Mission Shakti
The MISSION aims at the protection and empowerment of women. It covers two main policies or schemes, SAMBAL and SAMARTHYA.
SAMBAL: It comprises sub-schemes or sub-policies like One Stop Centre, Swadhar, Ujjawala, Widow Homes, etc.
SAMARTHYA: It comprises schemes like Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, PM Matrutwa Vandana Yojana, etc.
Mission Poshan 2.0
The nutrition program will comprise Poshan Abhiyan, National Creche Scheme, Scheme for Adolescent Girls, etc.
Mission Vatsalya: The mission comprises schemes related to child protection services and child welfare services.
Rural Self-Employment Training Institutes
Ministry of Rural Development has launched a bank-led scheme to provide employment to the people who belong to rural areas. The scheme is known as Rural Employment Training Institutes.
The scheme was initiated considering the following objectives:
– To provide skill training to youths of rural areas to empower
– Short-Term residential self-employment training programs are also listed
– Demand-driven training programs are shortlisted
– Candidate’s aptitude will be considered before offering him/her the training program.
The institutes will be set up by constructing dedicated infrastructure in each district. Government of India with an active cooperation with Banks will manage the institutes along with the state governments. Bank will cooperate trained person to set up his own business.
At present Rural Self Employment Institutes are established in 27 States and 6 Union Territories. Only Goa does not possess a RSETIs. Union Territories like Delhi, Chandigarh, and Daman & Diu are yet to establish the institutes.
Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana
PM YUVA Yojana is a centrally sponsored scheme for youngsters to provide employment-related education and training.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is running the scheme from 2016-17 to 2021-21.
The aim of the scheme is to promote social enterprises for inclusive growth and support entrepreneurship networks by proving education, training, advocacy, and easy access.
Following are the objectives of the scheme:
- To support early-stage entrepreneurs and establish them
- Construct a web of mentors, funds and business services to connect entrepreneurs
- To establish E-hubs to support entrepreneurs
Following states are covered in the scheme:
Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu, Telangana, Kerala, Assam, Meghalaya.
Following Union Territories are covered under the scheme:
Delhi and Puducherry
Compressed Biogas Plants under the SATAT Scheme
Oil and Gas Marketing Companies have asked entrepreneurs to purchase Compressed Bio-Gas Plants under the SATAT scheme, SATAT stands for Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable, Transportation.
In 2018 Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas has launched the scheme.
I promoted the Compressed Bio-Gas production Plants for use of automotive fuels.
Under the scheme, Oil and Gas Marketing Companies will ask entrepreneurs to set up CNG plant.
52nd Raising Day of CISF is observed on 10th March 2021
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day is annually observed on 10th March to remember the service and commitment of the CISF personnel towards safeguarding the major installations and integrity of the nation. The armed force was established in the year 1969 under the Central Industrial Security Force Act, 1968. The year 2021 marks the 52nd Raising day of the force.
About CISF: Introduction
It is one of the paramilitary forces of the nation. Initially, it possesses 3 battalions in order to provide security to the Public Sectors Undertakings (PSUs). It is the only functional force in the country that possesses a committed and dedicated fire wing. The Central Armed Police Force has 12 reserve battalions, 08 training institutes, and 63 other formations. It works under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
CISF Functions (Roles)
• The main function of CISF is to prove security and attempt Disaster Management to major public installations of the nation, for e.g.: Nuclear and Thermal Power Plants, Government Offices, Heritage Monuments, Space establishments, Airports, Seaports, VIP Security, etc.
• It also safeguards Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
• A Formed Police Unit of the United Nations also falls under the jurisdiction of CISF.
• CISF also provides security to persons protected under Z plus, Z, X Y.
– Director General – Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
– Training Institute of Officers selected to become officers is located in Hyderabad.
DRDO successfully invented Air Independent Propulsion System for Indian Navy Submarines
– A land-based prototype of the Air Independent Propulsion System is displayed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
– The system was developed under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in which Larsen and Tubro and Thermax are the Industry partners for the innovation.
– The system has been manufactured by a DRDO Laboratory named Naval Materials Research Laboratory.
About Air Propulsion System
The Air Propulsion System is invented to enhance the under-water duration of the Diesel-Electric Submarines. It is a force multiplier as it provides an opportunity for submarines to go deep into the enemy territory silently without coming out of the surface.
• It was established in 1958.
• Its Motto is ‘Strength’s Origin is in Knowledge’.
• DRDO Chairman is G. Satheesh Reddy (He is also a Secretary of Defence Research and Development).
World Bank acknowledges India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh as a growth pole in South Asia
In its report ‘Connecting to Thrive: Challenges and Opportunities of Transport integration in Eastern South Asia’, the World Bank acknowledged India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh as a growth pole, the report also says that India and BANGLADESH possess a growth potential to increase National Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 8% and 17% respectively.
Among these countries, the trade between India and Bangladesh is high.
Present trade status:
- The trade between both the countries has increased significantly.
- Bangladesh’s export can be increased by 182% whereas, India’s export to Bangladesh can be increased by 126%.
- The trade between India and Bangladesh is account for 10% of Bangladesh’s total trade whereas it accounts for only 1% of total Indian Trade.
- However, the scope of Indo-Bangladesh trade increment exists. Both the countries can do trade $10 billion worth extra trade.
- Also, the ongoing connectivity development may lead to increase export potential of bot the countries.
About World Bank:
President – David Malpass
HQ – Washington DC, USA
Chairperson – David Malpass
Supreme Court asked GoI to set up environment regulator
Why in the news?
Supreme Court had asked the Union Govt to set up the Environment Regulator, as the recommendation was given way back in 2011 in the Lafarge Mining Case (Lafarge Umiam Mining Private Limited vs Union of India).
What is the Environment Regulator?
- It can be an institution or an individual who could carry out independent, objective and clear appraisal and approval of projects for environment clearances.
- It also monitors the implementation of the clearance conditions and if found guilty impose penalties on polluters.
Who appoints the regulator?
The central government has to appoint the regulator in as many states as possible under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986. But the apex court is demanding an independent national regulator to resolve the problem.
Disha Bill: (for Special Courts for noted Offences against Women and Children)
Why in News?
The Union Government has initiated the ministerial consultation for the Andhra Pradesh Disha Bill, 2020.
The bill had created a hype in society as it paves the way for awarding the death penalty for rape (including the gang rape).
Tamil Nadu governor, Banwarilal Purohit has kept the bill on hold for assent of the President. As the Presidents positive assent comes, the bill will be processed from states with the nodal ministries and departments.
About the Bill:
The bill focusses on reducing the total judgement time from four months to 21-days. The 21-days are also further classified into two parts. According to the bill, the police have to complete the investigation in seven days and judiciary has to complete the trial in 14 working days.
A Dy. Superintendent of Police headed special police teams at the district level will be constituted for investigation of offences related to children and women.
Exclusive Special Courts will be established for ensuring speedy trials.
The govt will also provide prosecutor for special court.
China and Russia on same page to build International Lunar Research Station
China and Russia are ready to make an International Lunar Research Station on the surface of the moon.
About the station:
- The station is expected to be constructed on the moon surface or in the lunar orbit.
- It will conduct scientific research activities like lunar exploration and utilization, and technical verification.
Lunar Programmes of other countries
- It is a NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s) operated lunar program.
- The program aims to send next man or women to the moon by 2024.
- In 2020, the NASA has published the program outlines of the Artemis.
- The United Arab Emirates has decided to land its unmanned spacecraft on the surface of the moon.
- The spacecraft is named Rashid.
- It is expected to land on moon in 2024.
- UAE will be the first Arab country to land an spacecraft on the moon’s surface.
- Chang’e4 & Chang’e5
- Both the Mission’s belong to China.
- The Chang’e4 was the first explorer of China to the far side of the moon.
- Chang’e5 mission is aimed at collecting lunar material and to research the origin and formation of the moon.
- It is a flagship program of Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO) to soft-land on the lunar surface.
- It is a successor of Chandrayaan-2 mission which had attempted a soft-landing in June 2019.
- The Chandrayaan-1 was launched in 2009.
- Also, India is planning make its own space station in low orbit. The station will conduct microgravity experiments in space for 5 to 7 years.