16th Prawasi Bharatiya Day Convention organised in the Capital
Pravasi Bharatiya Day (PBD) is celebrated once in every two years (Earlier the day was celebrated in the year 2019).
Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas
Celebrated on 9th Jan (once in a two years)
Why on 9th January?
Mahatma Gandhi had come back to India in 1915 from South Africa.
The day is celebrated from the year 2003 every year, since 2015 it is being organized once in two years.
The event is organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) Convention
- Prime Minister launched the PBD Convention 2021.
- The convention helps to strengthen the relations with overseas Indian Community.
- Chief Guest: President of Suriname Chan Santokhi.
- Theme: Contributing to Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan launched a coastal research vessel for National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)
Sagar Anveshika, a coastal research vessel has been launched by the Union Minister of Earth Sciences Harsh Vardhan at the Chennai Port.
- It will be used by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT).
- The vessel which will help scientist to research 6 km below sea level is manufactured by Titagarh Wagons, Kolkata.
- Other similar research vessels of (NIOT) Sagar Kanya, Sagar Sampada, Sagar Nidhi, Sagar Manusha & Sagar Tara.
National Institute of Ocean Technology
Director: G A Ramadass
NSA meets Top advisor of President Emmanuel Macron
Indo-France Strategic Dialogue was conducted between the Diplomatic advisor to French President Emmanuel Bonne and NSA Ajit Doval.
Key Focus Area
Indo-Pacific Area; Nuclear Space; Maritime Safety; Environment; Digital Economy; Counter-terrorism; Cyber security; Defence Sectors.
India and France have a trade of 13 billion US Dollars.
Parashuram Kund project for Arunachal pilgrimage on the banks of Lohit River
- Parashuram Kund is situated on the bank of Lohit River.
- The 38 crore project will boost the socio-economic activities in the region and livelihood of the people.
- Thousands of pilgrims visit the site to take a Holy Dip during Makar Sankranti in the Lohit River.
CM – Pema Khandu
Capital – Itanagar
Governor – Brig. BD Mishra (Retd).
Education Minister inaugurated the Virtual International Akhand Conference
Theme – Envisioning Education for Transforming Youth to Restore Global Peace.
In this 31 hour long conference global educators reviewed the opportunities of use of Information and Communications Technology to promote the quality higher education in India.
Japan to provide loan pact to assist India to sustain COVID-19 impact
COVID-19 Crisis Response Support Loan for Social Protection (30 billion Japanese Yen = 2113 crores).
Funds will be used to support India’s effort to provide social assistance to the poor and vulnerable households to sustain the impact of the pandemic.
PM – Yoshihide Suga
Capital – Tokyo
Other news related to Japan
- Indian workers who qualify the required skill and Japanese language test can work together in 14 specified sectors in Japan.
- First Wooden Satellite to be launched by Japan.
- Japan to join Five Eyes Group against the discrimination faced by the Uighur Muslims.
Book & Authors
The Book named ‘Making of a General – A Himalayan Echo’ was written by Lt Gen Konsam Himalay Singh and released by Najma Heptulla, Governor of Manipur
Essence of Book-
- The book takes you through the life journey of a small village boy from Manipur who later joined the Army.
- He becomes first Army officer from Manipur to be promoted to the rank of Lt Gen, Major Gen & Brigadier.
- He also shared the challenges he faced as an officer of Rajputana Regiment during his stint in the Siachen, Kargil War, as a Commanding Officer, etc.
Lt Gen Konsam Himalay Singh has received YSM, VSM, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, etc.
Other books written by the author – Romancing the LOC.