The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recently declared the NDA 2 2019 examinations on August 7, 2019, which enables young candidates who aspire to serve the country by getting trained under the three most noble forces of India the Indian army, the Indian Navy, and the Indian Air Force. The examination comprises of numerous steps consisting of physical examination, written examination, and ultimately the final decision is made on the basis of the merit list published.
Candidates who have qualified their 10+2 level boards or planning to appear for their 12th board exams can also sit for the NDA 2 examinations.The NDA 2 2019 important dates and notifications consist of-
|NAME OF EXAMINATION||NDA AND NA (II), 2019|
|DATE OF NOTIFICATION||07/08/2019|
|DATE OF EXAM||17/11/2019|
|EXAM DURATION||One Day|
|LAST DATE||03/09/2019 – 6:00 pm|
Apply online https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
- For Indian army forces- the candidate should be educated up to class 12 with 10+2 standard syllabus under any well-known state board or the all India educational board or University as well.
- For the Indian Naval forces and examination of 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy- the candidate should be educated up to class 12 with 10+2 standard syllabus under any well-known state board or the all India educational board or University as well. The candidate should have mathematics and physics as two of their compulsory subjects.
- For the Air forces and examination of 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy- the candidate should be educated up to class 12 with 10+2 standard syllabus under any well-known state board or the all India educational board or University as well. The candidate should have mathematics and physics as two of their compulsory subjects.
- Candidates who are going to sit for their 12th standard boards are also capable of appearing for the NDA 2 examinations. It is to be noted that the students who will be falling under this category will be asked to submit their 12 boards mark sheet within the prescribed date for submission of application form and verification. Requesting for delaying of this particular step will not be entertained at all.
- Candidates who are still studying in class 11 are not allowed to sit for the NDA II examinations as well.
Age specifications required to be followed for being eligible for the NDA II examinations-
Candidates born within the duration of January 2, 2001, to 2nd January 2004 are considered as eligible for appearing in the examination.
The selection process for NDA II examinations-
- The candidates who will be falling under the declared specifications will be allowed to sit for the written examination which will have the syllabus equivalent to that of 10+2 level. People who will be qualifying this examination will be sent for an interview in the Services Selection Board (SSB) center. The examination will not be online; hence, the candidates will be reporting to their allotted center and write it.
- The chosen candidates will be traveling to the respective Services Selection Board (SSB) center for an interview where their physical fitness will be evaluated along with that tests will be carried on to detect physical defects and disabilities. There will be rigorous training procedures which if a candidate withstands will be selected for the further verification procedures.
- Candidates who plan to join Naval or Air forces will have to go through the Intelligence and Psychological aptitude tests. On qualifying these, they will be sent for the stage II selection process. Here they will be asked to submit their valid certificates, mark sheets, and original and recent photographs as well.
- Candidates who will be appearing in the test conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB) center will be doing so on their own risk. Anyone if faces any complication or injury while performing the tasks assigned by the board will not get any compensation from the government on any grounds. The parents of the candidates hence will be asked to sign an allowance bond.
- The candidates who plan to join the Air forces and have qualified Services Selection Board (SSB) will have to qualify CPSS separately as well.
- The final selection for the Army, Navy, Air Force of the National Defence Academy will be done by evaluating the marks obtained by the written exam, the qualification results of the physical test and also the merit list that will be made on the basis of vacancies available for providing training.
- A candidate is allowed to select only one course under one regiment only. They cannot plan to go for multiple options. Hence one should be highly sure about their preferences and decisions because there is no chance or way to turn back and come out of what they plan to go for and get themselves trained into.
|General Ability Test||02||2½ Hours||600|
The minimum amount of marks required to qualify the NDA II examinations is 25% in each subject. In 2018 the marks obtained by the final recommended candidate was 705/1800. In 2016 it was 654/1800.