The Indian Navy has announced and published the entry scheme for 10+2 B.Tech Cadets for the navy course which commences from January 2020 at the Indian Naval Academy. All applications from interested candidates who should be male and unmarried and should be eligible and fulfill the nationality conditions set by the Government of India, in order to be eligible to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy located in Ezhimala, in the state of Kerala and pursue the four year course under the cadet entry scheme for 10+2 B.Tech Passout.
CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY:
● Age for Qualification: The candidate should be born between the 02nd of July 2000 till the 01st of January 2003 and both of the mentioned dates are also eligible for applications.
● Minimum Educational Qualification: The candidate applying under this scheme should have passed their senior secondary examination i.e.; 10+2 examination or any other examination which is its equivalent from any other recognized board with a minimum of at least 70 percentage in aggregate marks for subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and should have a minimum of 50 percentage marks in English Subject (in either Class 10th or Class 12th)
● Candidate Eligible for Application: All the candidates who have appeared for the JEE (Main) Examination held in the year 2019 (only for B.E. or B.Tech) are eligible for applications. And it has to be noted that the Service Selection Board (S.S.B) shall conduct call ups for the applicants based primarily on the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR) scored in the JEE (Main) Examination conducted in the year 2019.
MEDICAL STANDARDS APPLICABLE FOR THE CANDIDATE:
● All the candidates who are selected and recommended by the Service Selection Board will have to go through the medical examination which is conducted according to the specified regulations set. There shall not be any relaxation in the standards for medical examination. The recommended height for males to qualify is 157 cm with equally proportionate body weight and which is also depended on the age of the candidate. The candidate should also have a proportionate chest with a minimum chest expansion of 05 cm. The candidate should also have sound physical and mental health and should be free of any cardiovascular diseases and any physical or surgical deformities such as Flat Foot. The candidate shouldn’t have any past of Varicose veins, Fits, any psychiatric ailments. The candidate is advised to have the tarter from their teeth removed and get their ear waxed before attempting the written examination followed by Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) and the medical examination. The guidelines for the physical standards are available on the website of the Indian Navy at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
● There are certain relaxations when it comes to the height of the candidate, only in case they hold the domicile of certain regions. The details for which are available on the website of the Indian Navy at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
● There are certain limitations for permanent body tattoo for all the candidates who are interested in giving the application. Permanent tattoos are only permissible on the inner face of the forearms i.e. the inside region of the elbow to the wrist on the reverse side of the palm side of the hand. No permanent tattoo is permissible in any other parts or regions of the body. The candidate shall be debarred from the recruitment if found to be sporting any permanent tattoo in any other regions other than the permissible regions of the body. Further guidelines for the information with respect to the permanent tattoo can be found on the website of the Indian Navy at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
OFFERS OF THE INDIAN NAVY:
● Promotions: Promotions for the candidates from the Sub Lieutenant level to the Commander is based on the scale of time, which is subject to the completion of all the mandatory courses, the sea time and the medical condition of the candidate.
● Pay and Allowances for the Candidates: A Sub Lieutenant would get around 15600 INR to 39100 INR as their pay band and A Commander shall be eligible for pay ranging from 37400 INR to 67000 INR. There are separate allowances for each officer which are decided by the Government of India. For further information regarding the guidelines set for the allowances, the candidate is advised to check the Indian Navy Website at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
● Group Insurance Cover and Gratuity: Each candidate gets a basic insurance cover of INR One Crore (upon contribution) and every officer shall be granted with a gratuity as per the updated rules of the force.
● Entitlements for leaves: When in commission, the officer is entitled with casual and annual leaves as per the regulations set by the force. Any leaves taken during the training period shall be as per the rules of the training policy.
● Adventure and Sports: The Indian Navy also provides various facilities for different sports. On a brighter note, the candidates can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, windsurfing etc.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION:
● The Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves all the rights to fix cut off for application for SSB, which is based
in the AIR rank of JEE (Main) 2019. SSB interview shall be conducted for shortlisted candidates from August to October 2019.
● Candidates who are shortlisted shall be contacted via SMS or E-mail about their selection.
● SSB interview contains 2 stages. Successful candidates shall be undergoing a medical examination.
● Change of SSB venue is not allowed.
● Any correspondence shall be addressed to the call officer of the SSB.
● The candidate shall not be compensated for any physical injury sustained during tests.
● Rail fare for 3rd AC tickets is admissible for SSB Interview.
● Training is scheduled to start in 2020.
● The candidates who are recommended by the SSB and are found to be medically fit shall be selected for training at the Indian Naval
Academy located at Ezhimala in Kerala.
● The expenditure for the cost of training, which is including the reading material is borne by the Navy. The candidates shall also be provided
with uniforms and messing facility.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INDIAN NAVY:
● Interested candidates are required to register and complete the application from the Indian Navy’s Website at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The
date for application shall commence from 31st of May to 17th of Jun 2019.
● The candidate is advised to keep all the required documents to correctly fill the particulars.
● All the documents which are required for the registration would have to be scanned and attached whilst filling the application. The documents
which are not readable, their application shall be rejected.
● The candidate is required to print a single copy of the online application and carry it with the original documents when attending the SSB