The notification for the recruitment of the Indian coast guard assistant commandant exam is finally out. The Indian Coast Guard has thereby invited Indian male/female candidates for the recruitment to post of Assistant Commandant i.e. Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in various branches – Pilot, General duty, and law. Being an Armed Force of the Union, the Indian Coast Guard offers a very challenging career to the motivated candidates. Interested candidates have to submit applications through online mode.
DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
First date to apply: 24th May 2019
Last date of submission: 4th June 2019 till 17:00 Hrs
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates can submit their applications only through online mode.
- The candidates need to log on the official website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and thereby click on opportunities button to apply for the examination.
RELAXATIONS FOR THE EXAMINATION:
- For candidates who are OBC/SC & ST, there is relaxation for the upper age limit as per the Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- In terms of Educational Qualifications, the relaxation allowed is maximum 5% in the aggregate of the degree certificate for SC or ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ (A grade) holders, Sportsperson of National level (Inter-State and above) and also wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. There will be no relaxation applicable for 12th-grade marks.
- Only Income certificate for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) as per the Govt. of India format. Other than that, no format will be valid.
- The Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to determine the cut-off per cent for the issuance of the PSB call up letters.
- Candidates who are yet to complete their Law Degree i.e. the appearing candidates cannot apply. Their applications will not be accepted even if they submit.
SCHEDULE FOR PRELIMINARY SELECTION EXAMINATION.
- Candidates should reach the allotted centre for the Preliminary Examination at least 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled time for the Exam.
- The date and time of the Preliminary Examination will be intimated through the Coast Guard website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- Tentatively, the Preliminary Examination will be conducted from the last week of June 2019 to the last week of July 2019 onwards.
STEP-WISE PROCEDURE OF THE EXAMINATION:
- Short Listing of Applications:
The Applications will be shortlisted based on higher per cent of marks in the qualifying examination. The qualifying cut off for a particular centre or branch may be increased more than 60 per cent if more applications with higher per cent are received.
- Preliminary Examination:
Candidates who are shortlisted will be called upon for the Preliminary Selection at a stipulated date and time. The Selection process will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test & Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PP & DT).
The aptitude tests will be in English language only and of objective questions format. The candidates are expected to converse in English during PP&DT. However, they can speak in Hindi if they want to do so. Date, time and venue of the Preliminary Selection Exam once arranged, will not be changed under any circumstance.
- Final Selection.
The candidates who will qualify the Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection Examination. For Final Selection Board (FSB), the date and venue will be uploaded on the Official Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
The Final Selection will be conducted in the following parts:
- Psychological Test
- Group Task and Interview (Personality test)
All the documents/ certificates which were verified during the PSB, need to be produced in original during the FSB.
THE FINAL SELECTION LIST
- Getting recommendation in the FSB does not mean that the candidate has been finally selected. On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies, a merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates.
- The number of vacancies may get varied from one branch to the other. It will be determined later based on the number of training vacancies that will be available at the training establishments.
- The selection list of candidates on the basis of merit list will be uploaded at the official Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of November 2019.
- The Candidates will be issued joining letters accordingly. The training at INA, Ezhimala will commence at the end of December 2019 according to the schedule.