Both male and female Indian citizens are invited to apply for the grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps. A total of 65 (sixty-five) seats are vacant for the grant of SSC to eager civilian Dental Surgeons. The candidates must have completed their final BDS Examination as well as the compulsory rotatory internship. Post Graduate candidates having the necessary MDS degree can also apply.
The following criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates before they wish to apply:
- The candidate has to be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must adhere to the age limit. Maximum permissible age for candidates is 45 years as on 31st December 2019.
- Qualification: The grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps is applicable for all candidates possessing the required qualifications, i.e., BDS or MDS from a College or University which has been recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The college should be affiliated for the respective batch or year in which the candidate has graduated. Candidates must also have registered themselves as Registered Dental Practitioners with their respective State Dental Council. Candidates must have secured a compulsory minimum aggregate of 55% marks in their final year of BDS.
- Candidates must also have completed the mandatory one-year rotatory internship by 31st December 2019. Candidates will not be pardoned on this ground with an exception to the following:
- Students admitted during the academic session 2007-2008 will be allowed with the completion of four and a half years of BDS course and 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship.
- Students admitted at Raja Muthiah Dental College and Annamalai University in the academic session 2006-2007 will be allowed with 5 years of BDS course and no internship.
- The candidate must have a Permanent or Provisional Dental Registration Certificate that has been issued by State Dental Council or DCI and must be valid up to 31st December 2019.
- Candidates must have appeared in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET (MDS)-2019 that is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi on 14th December 2018.
Candidates must themselves be responsible for their eligibility criteria as mentioned in the Information Brochure. It is advisable that the candidates should check for their eligibility before participating in the commissioning process.
Note: Only those candidates (both BDS and MDS) who have appeared in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, NEET (MDS)-2019 which is conducted on 14th Dec 2018, by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi, under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, at various examination centres manned by NBE, are eligible to apply.
Form for application of grant for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps, 2019 is attached as an Appendix to this document. The application form must be downloaded, duly filled up and submitted. A list of photocopies of self-attested documents is to be submitted by the candidates along with the application. The documents required are as follows:
- Class X or SSLC or ICSE certificate or Birth certificate issued by the municipality as valid age proof certificate.
- NEET (MDS)-2019 Admit Card.
- NEET (MDS)-2019 Score card.
- Final year BDS Mark Sheets (Part I and Part II). Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in final BDS.
- BDS and MDS Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Compulsory Rotatory Internship completion certificate.
- Permanent or Provisional State Dental Council or DCI registration certificate.
- A valid passport or Nationality Certificate or Voter Card issued by Election Commission of India ( as Domicile as Nativity Certificate) as proof of Nationality.
- Aadhaar Card of the candidate issued by UIDAI, Govt. of India (not compulsory).
- In case of any change in name of the candidate after Class X, necessary document or any other competent authority guaranteeing the change of name.
- The authority under which BDS or MDS Dental College, from which the candidate has partaken his course must be recognized by DCI. A certificate certifying the same should be obtained from the college authorities.
- No Objection Certificate, if the candidate is presently working under any employer.
- 2 (two) Passport size photographs are to be attached with the application form. 5 (five) additional passport size photographs will be required for candidates who will be finalised to undergo a medical examination.
- Attach one self-addressed post card for ‘Acknowledgement’ and one self-addressed envelope of dimension 23 cm x10 cm along with Rs 50/- postal stamps for return correspondence through speed post. (Applications without this document will be discarded.)
- Candidates who have completed five years of BDS course (without internship) should enclose 4th and 5th year mark sheets.
Candidates who are selected for the interview must produce original documents as requires during the time of the interview. If the candidates fail to produce these documents, they will not be considered for the selection process even if they possess the necessary merit.
Candidates, who have deposited their original documents at any other college or university, shall be permitted to attend the interview. However, they must generate a deposit certificate from the Dean or Head of the institution where the documents are deposited. The photocopies of documents for these students must be attested by the Dean or Head of the Institution.
Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps is strictly governed by the Ministry of Defence under Government of India, with respect to regulations and amendments on the subject. Short Service Commission (SSC) and its subsequent training are directed by the Office of the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) according to the present rules.
Applicants should take note of the fact that merely appearing in NEET (MDS)-2019 or by forwarding the application does not automatically award the rights to grant Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps. Candidates who have registered with proper application form and documents will only be considered for SSC in Army Dental Corps provided that they fulfil the mandatory eligibility as well as medical fitness criteria that is prescribed by the Government Of India on the subject.
All candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Card cum Confirmation Slip and Score Card of the NEET (MDS)-2019 examination for the purpose of verification of documents.
Candidates should peruse the Information Brochure carefully before contacting the office for any queries. Any enquiry related to eligibility and other issues will only be deemed answerable if the information pertaining to the subject is not given in the brochure or on the website www.indianarmy.nic.in.
All the correspondence should be addressed by email. The email enquiry must mention SSC 2019 as the Subject of the email and shall be answered only if it contains NEET (MDS)-2019 roll number and contact number of the candidate. Queries will not be entertained from any person who identifies himself or herself to be a representative, associate or officiate of the candidate. No document should be attached along with email queries.
Candidates who are registering for and participating or appearing in the short listing process, are by default considered to have read, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions in the Information Brochure for SSC in Army Defence Corps, 2019.
The list of the candidates who are shortlisted for interview depending on the marks that they have secured in NEET (MDS)-2019 and other eligibility criteria will be put on the website www.indianarmy.nic.in in due time after the list has been approved by the competent authority. Candidates must visit the website regularly to stay updated on any information or notice that is released pertaining to Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Defence Corps, 2019.
- Screening for Calling for Interview: Candidates are selected for interview basing on the marks that they have scored in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Teste. NEET (MDS)-2019 conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi, under the governance of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The list will be constructed to use in screening of candidates in the ratio of 1:10, i.e. for each proposed vacancy ten candidates will be called for interview.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called to appear for the interview at New Delhi before a Selection Board duly constructed for the purpose, to examine their aptitude & merit for the grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps. The final merit list for Grant of SSC in the Army Dental Corps will be solely based on the performance in the interview. The candidates who qualify in the interview will be asked to appear for a Medical Examination.
- Medical Examination: All the candidates who are selected in the merit list will have to undertake a detailed medical check up to determine their medical fitness. The decision of the Medical Board shall be the final word.
All the candidates who are selected in the merit list will have to undertake a detailed medical check-up to determine their medical fitness. The decision of the Medical Board shall be the ultimate word on this subject. Every candidate, who qualifies in the interview will have to undergo a Medical Examination without fail under a duly constituted Medical Board of Armed Forces Medical Services for determining their medical fitness according to the norms laid down by medical standards for commissioning.
- Only those candidates, who are declared medically fit, will be eligible for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Army Dental Corps. The trial will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone.
- If the candidate is being declared medically unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB), the President of the Special Medical Board will inform the procedure for requesting for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) to the candidate.
- Unfit candidates should intimate AMB within a time period of 42 days from the day of the SMB. It is advisable to appear for AMB in time and should not wait for the last day specified by the SMB. Candidates declared Unfit by the AMB will be informed by the President, Appeal Medical Board about the procedure to challenge the report of AMB.
- Candidates are hereby conveyed that the Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the sole discretion of the DGAFMS based on the merit of the applicant and that RMB cannot be proclaimed by right. No representation in this regard will be considered.
- Candidates will be considered medically FIT only on acceptance of approved medical documents.
- If pregnancy is detected at any stage, after selection at interview or during pre-commission Medical Examination, will make the candidate TEMPORARY UNFIT for grant of commission. The commission will be offered to the candidate only after she is declared medically FIT by the Medical Board of ARMS.
- Height and Weight: The minimum acceptable height and corresponding weight for men are 157.5 cm and 49.5 kg respectively. The minimum acceptable height and corresponding weight for women is 152 cm and 42 kg respectively. For candidates from North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cm and weight in proportion with reduced height.
- Permanent Body Tattoos: For tattoo policies, candidates must visit the website www.indianarmy.nic.in.
To be passed fit, a candidate must be in sound physical and mental health, free from any disability that is likely to affect his or her efficient performance of duty.
Candidates must note that merely qualifying in the interview does not confirm final selection for SSC. A merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the interview only. Short Service Commissions in the Army Defence Corps will be granted to the candidates from the list in accordance with their merit, provided that they are medically FIT.
Selected candidates or Civilian Dental surgeons will be granted Short Service Commission in AD Corps in the designation of Captain, from the date mentioned in the offer letter, contingent upon the fact that they are medically or otherwise FIT and will thus be entitled to full pay & allowances as mentioned.
Whom To Apply:
Concerned candidates must apply in the prescribed application format only. Complete applications along with Application Processing Fee (APF) should be sent through Registered or Speed Post only to-
Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS/DENTAL-2)
Room No 25, L-Block,
Ministry of Defence,
New Delhi- 110001.
Candidates should enclose a non-refundable Demand Draft of any Nationalized Bank for Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) payable at New Delhi in favour of “DGAFMS (APF Fund)” along with the application. Candidates must ensure that the Demand Draft bears his or her name, contact number and address at the back. The Demand Draft should be issued after the issuance of the Information Brochure.