The Indian army will be soon publishing the notifications for SSC 54 and SSC 25 Men and Women for the year 2019-20 by 24th July 2019. For those pursuing engineering are welcomed to apply for officer post. In order to be more explicit about notifications, you can read it further in this article. Applications are open for unmarried male and female candidates from engineering. Also, widows of defence personnel can apply for short service commission in all arms. A technical entry called SSC Tech is for engineering graduates only, which is based on the percentage you score in engineering. If shortlisted, you’ll be able to give SSB interview directly by giving medical examination without any written test. Where your training will be done at Officers Training Academy in Chennai.
Important dates to be kept in mind are:
|Notification dates||24 July 2019|
|Last Date for application||21 August 2019|
|Cut Off Date expected||October 2019|
|SSB Date for interview||November 2019|
|Merit List date||February 2020|
Eligibility criteria for men and women:
Please make sure that all the necessities are fulfilled in the below mentioned details.
Nationality criteria involve the following:
A candidate has to be either:
- An Indian citizen
- A Bhutan citizen
- A Nepal citizen
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 for permanent settlement.
- A person of origin of India who migrated from Burma, Srilanka, Pakistan and East African countries of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi and Ethiopia, and Vietnam for permanent residence in India.
- A certificate of eligibility has to be with these people falling in the above categories issued by Government of India. For Gorkha subjects of Nepal Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary.
For men and women engineering graduates, there are some age limits certified below:
- SSC (Tech)-54 Women and SSC (Tech)-25 Men: – those of 20 to 27 years as on 01 April 2020 (dates falling between 02 April 1993 and 01 April 2000) (both dates being inclusive)
- SCW (Non-UPSC) (Non-tech) – For Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness only. Maximum age of 35 years as on 01 April 2020.
- Educational Qualification requirements: it is applicable to those candidates who have passed Engineering degree holders or are in the final year of Engineering course are eligible. Candidates pursuing their final year examination should be able to get their degree within 12 weeks from date of training gets started at OTA. An additional bond basis for recovering the cost of training at OTA will be provided to such students, and time to time they’ll be notified about the stipend and allowances to be paid to them if in case they’ll not be able to generate the degree in the given time.
- SSC 54 Tech SSCW 25 highlights: – Candidates must note that the minimum requirement of educational qualification for being applicable into SSC(T)-54 Men and SSC(T)-25 Women is BE/B.Tech degree. Therefore, to be eligible for admitting into SSC(T)-54 Men and SSC(T)-25 Women course, final year candidates of engineering must fulfill all the formalities involving practical, written, projects, viva voce, backlogs, etc., in order to qualify to BE/B. Tech degree. if failing to produce the degree their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
SSC 54 Tech SSCW 25 Vacancies: the vacancies expected for SSC 54 Tech and SSC 25 Tech women are as follows.
|Engineering Streams (listed in All)||Equivalent stream (AICTE approved)||Men||Women|
|Civil||Civil engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering), Structural Engineering||46||04|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical(mechatronics) Engineering, Mechanical and automation engineering||14||03|
|Electrical / Electrical and Electronics||Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Electronics and power), power system engineering, electrical and electronics engineering||22||02|
|Aeronautics/ Ballistics/ Avionics||Aeronautical Engineering, Avionics Engineering||12||–|
|Computer Sc and Engg / Computer Technology / Information Tech/ M.sc Computer sc||Computer Engineering, Computer science, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Science and engineering||44||03|
|Electronics and Telecom/ Telecommunication / Electronics and comn/ Satellite communication||Electronics and telecommunication engineering, telecommunication engineering, electronics and communication engineering, electronics and communication engineering, electronics and electrical communication engineering||23||02|
|Electronics/ opto electronics/ Fibre optics / Micro Electronics and Microwave||Power Electronics and Drives||08||–|
|Production Engineering||Production Engineering, product design and development, production engineering and management||03||–|
|Architecture / Building Construction Technology||Architecture Engineering||03||–|
|SSC (W) (non tech) (non UPSC)||01||Non UPSC Entry|
|SSC (W) Tech||01||Tech Entry|
SSC 54 Tech SSCW 25 PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
- Only online applications on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in the website is acceptable. Open ‘Officers Entry Apply/Login’ and after that, click on ‘Registration.’ Read the instructions clearly and fill in the online registration form.
- After filling the registration form, open ‘Apply Online’ option.
- A page will open named ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility.’ Then you have to click on ‘Apply’ shown under the Technical Graduate Course.
- Another page will pop out named ‘Application Form.’ Be particular about the instructions and then click on ‘Continue’ to fill in details as per segments mentioned. Details such as that of personal, communication, education, and previous SSB are required.
- Make sure you ‘Save & Continue’ each time you get over with one segment.
- You will switch on to a page called ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you will have to check and edit the entries you made already.
- Then press ‘Submit now’ after carefully rechecking the details you have filled in.
- Grab out a PDF form at least two copies in order to keep your system generated Roll. No
SSC 54 Tech SSCW 25 PROCEDURE for SELECTION:
- Shortlisting the Applicants on the basis of their applications is in an Integrated form consisting HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to fix percentage for cut off for each engineering discipline without any reasons and right of shortlisting applications.
- Shortlisted eligible candidates clearing cut off percentage will be interviewed at Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Group Testing Officer, Psychologist and Interviewing Officer.
- SSB interview of call letter will be issued through e-mail id and through SMS in their registered ID’s.
- Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Dte Gen of Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and cannot be changed.
- Interviews will be held from Nov 2019 (Expected) onwards.
- Candidates will put at the two-stage selection procedure.
- Clearing stage 1 will further move to stage 2.
- Five days will be the duration of SSB interview excluding the day of arrival and details of the same are available at the official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- And a final stage of medical examination has to be cleared at last.
SSC 54 Tech SSCW 25 MERIT LIST: list will be prepared according to the marks obtained in engineering streams.