- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has released the notification for the post of Airmen in Group X and Group Y.
- So, the Indian Air Force invites the online application from the unmarried male (Indian/Nepalese) candidates for the selection test for the intake of 2/2020 to join as the Airmen in Group X trades (except education instructor trade) and Group Y(except automobile technician, ground training instructor, Indian air force (police), Indian Air Force (security) and musician trades).
- Online Application will be available along with instruction details to fill the same at airmenselection.cdac.in and also www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in.
- Online Registration will Commence on 1st July 2019 and will close on 15th July 2019.
For Group X trades :
- Age: 17-21 years.
- Must Pass Intermediate / 10+2 / equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Must Pass 3 years Diploma Course in any stream of Engineering in any stream from any Government-recognized Polytechnic Institute with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. A minimum of 50% marks is also needed in English in Diploma or in Intermediate/Matriculation, only if English is not a subject in Diploma Course.
For Group Y trades:
- Age: 17-21 years.
- Must pass Class 10 + 2 or Intermediate or Equivalent exam from an educational institute or board listed in Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website as members. It could be in any stream or subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Also, a minimum of 50% marks in English is needed as per the mark sheet of Class 10 + 2 / Intermediate /Equivalent exam.
The upper age limit on date of enrollment is 21 years.
- The candidate has to pay an examination fee of Rs.250/- during the registration for the online examination. If the candidate wants to pay online, it can be done by Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/Internet Banking through the payment gateway. The offline mode of paying examination fee can be done by Challan payment at any Axis Bank branch.
- Height: Minimum acceptable height is 5 cms.
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- However, a minimum weight of 55 Kg required for Operations Assistant (ATS) Trade only.
- Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) shall not be acceptable.
- Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing that is, he should be able to hear a forced whisper from a distance of 6 m. separately with each ear.
- Dental: He should have a good set of teeth, healthy gums, and at least 14 dental points.
- Health: Candidate should possess normal anatomy without any loss of appendages. He should not have any acute or chronic, active or latent, medical or surgical disability or any kind of infection and skin ailments. Candidate should be mentally and physically FIT to perform any duty in any climate in any part of the world.
- Candidates who have permanent body tattoos should submit two photographs (one close up and one distant view) with the details of size and type of the Tattoo, during the 2nd phase of Selection Test.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION:
- The Examination will be conducted in 3 different phases in which the final phase includes the medical examination.
- Group ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor):
Duration of the Online examination shall be 60 minutes and which comprises of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus.
- Group ‘Y’ Trades (Except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician) :
Duration of the Online examination shall be 45 minutes and which comprises of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- Both Group ‘X&Y’ Trades. Duration of the test will be 85 minutes. It will comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics same as 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
Marking pattern for Online Test:-
- One mark for every correct answer.
- Nil (0) marks for unattempted question.
- 25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
Phase 2 :
The candidates who shortlisted for phase 2 will undergo
- Physical Fitness Test
- Adaptability Test 1
- Adaptability Test 2
Phase 3 :
The candidates who clear the Adaptability Test 2 will now undergo a medical test which will be the last one.
- IMPORTANT DATES:
|Starting date of the online application||1st July 2019|
|Last date for the submission||15 July 2019|
|Exam date will be around||September 2019|
|Admit card issue on||August 2019|