- Final year students are still unsure about their graduation for UGC guidelines.
After the new guideline issued by UGC regarding the conduction of examinations for final year students, Universities in West Bengal are still in the dilemma of how to graduate the students. Students are existing in uncertainty where they do not know whether to study or not for their examinations. Universities are now waiting for the next hearing to be held on 10th August from the Supreme Court to take actions further.
- Foreign Tablighi Jamaat members got permission to leave for their countries if they are willing to apologize.
The foreign Tablighi Jamaat members finally got permission to return back to their own countries from the Supreme Court only if they were to apologize for gathering for religious purposes during a nationwide lockdown.
- CM Mamata said people should only test from government authorized labs for COVID 19.
West Bengal’s chief minister Mamata Banerjee told that people who are willing to test should only test form government-authorized testing labs for COVID 19. Anyone who is impersonating as a representative of testing labs should be arrested.
She also mentioned that psychology students would be asked to work for online as well as Tele counselling COVID patients and their family members.
- COVID cases increase in Kerala; death cases increase to 97.
In the last 24 hours, Kerala reported a total of 1298 cases which is the highest number of cases they have reported yet. The number of deaths also increased up to 97. Now the number of cases from the State is counting 30,000 marks.
- Telangana asks the Centre to publish a clear set of guidelines regarding the COVID 19 vaccine.
The entire nation is now looking forward for the news of getting a relevant vaccine to stop the coronavirus. The CM of Telangana asked the Centre to come out with a relevant set of guidelines in order to let the nation know when and how the vaccine will be out and how the distribution will take place.
- Haryana CM asked COVID survivors to educate people to avoid infection.
The chief minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar asked the COVID 19 survivors to educate people on how they can control the spreading of virus and how to keep themselves safe with precautions as well. This is a good initiative to abolish the stigma existing in society. He also encouraged the survivors to donate plasma for other patients.
- UP recorded the highest number of infection cases in a single day.
In the last 24 hours, Uttar Pradesh recorded the highest number of cases. A total of 4586 cases were reported in a day, and that took the total number of cases to 1,08,947. The deaths recorded in the last 24 hours were 61.
- Senior CPIM leader Shyamal Chakraborty died due to COVID 19 in West Bengal.
Senior CPIM leader Shyamal Chakraborty died on Thursday due to COVID 19 in West Bengal. He is the second well known political leader in the State who died due to the virus.
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s cases are going to get handed over to the CBI.
After the Bihar government asked the Supreme court to let the CBI investigate the suicide case Of Sushant Singh Rajput, the SC finally asked the CBI to take over the investigation. The Maharashtra government said that Mumbai police were doing a fine job with the case and Bihar government is just earning brownie points for their party by accusing Mumbai police incapable of solving and investigating the case.
- Sameer Sharma from the show Kyuki saas bhi Kabhi bahu thi found dead in his apartment.
44 year old TV actor Sameer Sharma was found dead in his apartment in Malad. He was one of the well known actors in the TV acting industry and worked for well known shows like Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi and Kahaani ghar ghar ki. The actor was living alone in this rented flat and police till now knows nothing about his death. An investigation will start to find out the cause.