Operated under the ministry of defense the Indian Coast Guard is a great force that is responsible for maintaining the peace and tranquility of India’s maritime relationships and activities as well. The power was set up on 18 August 1978 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of Indian.
The Indian Coast Guard works jointly with the Indian navy the department of fisheries and the central state police forces and the department of revenue (customs).
Eligibility specifications for Navik (General Duty).
● 12th boards pass out with Maths and Physics as two compulsory subjects from either Government or state board of education with aggregate marks of 50%.
● For Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribe applicant, a 5% relaxation will be given on the cut of marks. Also, national-level athletes will get an equal amount of relaxation, which has won gold, silver, or bronze medals. Also, children of coast guards who have lost their lives due to some accident will also get relaxation in their cut off marks.
● The eligible age for the candidates willing to serve under the Indian Coast Guard is between 18-22 years. A relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe people and a minimum of 3 years for socially backward classes.
● To enter or register for the posts of Indian Coast Guard, the online process of application form filling up is required to be done.
● Candidates willing to be a unit of the Indian Coast Guard will have to sit for a written exam which will be conducted within September to October 2019.
Eligibility specifications for Yantrik (General Post)
● A degree of matriculation or equivalent or a diploma or bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering validated by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in total.
● For Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribe applicants, a 5% relaxation will be given on the cut of marks. Also, national-level athletes will get an equal amount of relaxation which has won gold, silver, or bronze medals in sports tournaments of national as well as inter-state level. Also, children of coast guards who have lost their lives due to some accident will also get relaxation in their cut off marks.
How to apply for the posts of Indian Coast Guard.
● Candidates interested for the posts within the age of 18-22 will require to fill up online applications forms which will be available from 11 Aug 19 to 17 Aug 19
Physical fluency test-
This is the same for both the posts and will comprise of
● 1.6 km of running for 7 minutes.
● Twenty sit-ups.
● Ten push-ups
After completion of these, the interview will end with a medical test.