The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), Dehradun 2018 Class VIII Admission is carried out on the basis of RIMC Admission Test. Rashtriya Indian Military College falls under the Category A Inter-Services Public Institute established by Ministry of Defense to educate young boys of India.
RIMC admits young boys between the age of 11 ½ to 18 years in order to prepare them for entry into Defense services.
The Institute strives to develop personality of students whilst providing them with good education. For some reason, if any candidate does not qualify for Defense Services, they shall still be able to get into other reputed colleges in the country.
RIMC has declared final Dates of Admission Test and it will be held on 1st June and 2nd June 2018. Admission Test is held for entry into Class 8 at RIMC, Dehradun for the January Term of Academic year 2019.
RIMC Exam Syllabus:
RIMC Exam Syllabus is almost similar to CBSE or State Board Syllabus. Question paper will be based on topics studied in Class 7th.
Following subjects will be covered in the Exam:
- English: Idioms and phrases, Essay writing, Common errors, Letter writing, Story writing, Miscellaneous, Synonyms and antonyms, One-word substitution.
- Mathematics: HCF and LCM, Number system, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Average ratio & Proportion, Time and Distance, Square and Square root, Time and work, Simple interest.
- General Knowledge: Geography, General Science, General Knowledge, History, Sports.
RIMC Dehradun Admission Process:
- Candidates need to send a written request along with their Caste certificate and an account payee bank draft (application fee paid through DD). Only then, RIMC will issue their application form along with the Prospectus and previous year question paper set.
- After filling it up, candidates should send this Application form along with required documents to their relative State Government before 31st March 2018.
- Any application form that is directly sent to RIMC, Dehradun will be considered as invalid.
Admission Selection Process:
Every RIMC Dehradun aspirant has to go through following 3 steps of Admission Selection Process.
Step 1: Written Test
Written Examination is based on 3 papers- English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
|Paper||Marks||Timing||Minimum % to pass|
|English||125||10 am to 12 pm (1 June)||50%|
|Mathematics||200||2 pm to 3.30 pm (1 June)||50%|
|GK||74||10 am to 11 am (2 June)||50%|
Stage 2: Viva Voce
RIMC Examination Cell shall release a Call Letter for Personal Interview 15 Days or two weeks before the actual Date of Interview.
- An Oral Examination carrying 50 marks will be conducted by the Selection Board of the institute.
- In this interview round, every student’s personality, intelligence and confidence is tested. Minimum marks for passing is 50%.
Stage 3: Medical Exam
Students who clear the Viva Voce test will be eligible for Medical Examination. In this step, a candidate undergoes medical exam at a specific Military Hospital. Only those candidates who are medically fit will be considered for final admission into RIMC.
The Announcement of Results:
RIMC will declare a final list of selected students based on the merit of their performance in tests viz. Written and Viva Voce Test. Results shall be announced before end of the July month, 2018.